Recipe – Zip Burger
Spicy Tropical Burgers made the Zip way!
- with Chilies, Peppers, Pineapple, Bacon and Cheese
For the burger
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1 Red Chili Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Pineapple Slices
- 4 Slices of Cheese
- 4 Brioche Buns, sliced in half
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce, separated into leaves (optional)
- 8 Slices of Bacon (optional)
- Setup a prep area next to your BBQ
- Pour the charcoal into the BBQ, add firelighters and light them.
- While the coals ash over, we can begin the burger prep…
- Finely chop the orange pepper, white onion and red chili pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the beef mince, orange pepper, white onion, red chili, egg and salt & pepper.
- With your hands or a fork, form the mixture into 4 equal patties.
- The coals should be ashed over and ready to cook on after 20 mins.
- Place the patties onto the prepared BBQ. Cover the BBQ and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or till well-done.
- Once cooked, place a patty into a burger bun and top it with cheese and a slice of pineapple.
- Finally add any chosen extras you would like such as bacon and lettuce!