Warm Winter Soup
Warm yourself up with our easy to make winter soup recipe. We’ve honed this recipe over many years and we just love to eat it when sitting by the fire. In no time you can be enjoying a warm healthy meal.
2 small-medium sweet potatoes (chopped without skin)
• 500g chopped pumpkin or butternut squash
• 1 onion
• 1 tomato
• 1 celery stalk
• 1 garlic clove
• 100g chopped spinach
• 1 tsp light cream cheese per person (optional)
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
- Chop/dice the onion, tomato and garlic, while heating the oil in a pan.
- Lightly fry the onions and garlic until clear, then add the tomato, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Once the tomato is half-cooked, add the sweet potato and butternut squash and stir. Leave for five minutes.
- Fill the pot halfway with hot water. Add the chopped celery, salt and spinach. Leave for 30 minutes or until the desired consistency.
- Add a teaspoon of light cream cheese into each serving.
- Serve soup and enjoy!