Mulled Wine o’ Clock
Who says mulled wine is just for Christmas, ‘wine not’ (if you’ll pardon the pun) have a glass now.
A traditional Mulled wine recipe:
- One bottle (750ml) of red wine Suggested: (Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel or Merlot)
- One peeled and sliced orange (keep peel to add zest to taste into cooking pot)
- ¼ cup of brandy
- 8-10 cloves
- 1/3 cup of honey or sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1tsp fresh ginger or ground (allspice can be substituted)
- Combine all the ingredients into a large cooking pot or slow cooker.
- Gentle warm the ingredients on a low to medium heat (avoid boiling), for 20 – 25 minutes (stirring occasionally).
Serves: (4-6 glasses)