Grilled Halibut with Coriander Butter
It makes a nice change to try cooking fish on the barbecue. It is light and healthy and if accompanied by a lovely salad it is a good low calorie meal to enjoy outside with family and friends.
- 4 (175g) fillets of halibut
- 1 lime or lemon, cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 50g chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 50g butter – unsalted
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Measure four generous lengths of Aluminium foil out and place on work surface.
- Place on each one a fresh halibut fillet.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon quarters over fish fillets, then season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dribble the olive oil over the top of each fillet and add the equivalent of a clove of garlic to each serving.
- Add the butter, remaining lime juice and coriander. Then carefully wrap each fillet into a parcel and remember to close up both ends to stop the juices running out.
- Barbecue the fish fillets for about 5 minutes on each side until the fish can be flaked with a fork.