Zip High Performance Block Firelighters contain unique energy granules which allow them to burn much hotter for longer compared to other competitor products. Formulated to light even the most difficult fuels such as hard , smokeless coal or damp wood. Each cube burns for up to 18 minutes (up to double that of competitor products), making them very powerful and enabling you to reliably light your fire first time, every time, leaving you more time to enjoy a warm cosy fire.
The Zip High Performance Block firelighters are also ideal for lighting your barbecues. Don’t worry, they will not taint the food, as by the time you come to cook, the firelighters will have burnt through and reliably lit your charcoal to ensure an authentic barbecue taste.
Preparation and Usage
Indoor / Outdoor Fires
- Place 1 or 2 Zip™ firelighters on your coal, logs, briquettes or a thin layer of cinders. For hard to light fuels use more firelighters as required.
- Using limited draught, light the Zip firelighter at one corner (Zip™recommends long safety matches).
- When the firelighters are well lit, carefully add more fuel taking care not to extinguish the flames.
- Evenly distribute 2 or 3 Zip™ firelighters amongst your charcoal or briquettes.
- Light the firelighters at one corner (Zip™ recommends long safety matches). When the firelighters are well lit, carefully add more fuel taking care not to extinguish the flames.
- Allow coals to ash over evenly until glowing (20 mins) before cooking
Available in Pack Size(s)
12 Cubes, 15 Cubes, 20 Cubes, 30 Cubes, 40 Cubes