Find your forecast

Geolocation available! You have been denied the request to get your location. Location information is unavailable. The request to get user location timed out. An unknown error occurred requesting location.

If your browser supports geolocation press the submit link. Otherwise, please enter your town, county or postal code followed by a comma then your country code (no spaces) eg. London,GB. Press submit to get your weather forecast.

Cancel    Submit
Contact Us

Zip™ Soot Reducer

Soot Reducer
Soot Reducer

Zip Soot Reducer helps prevent the buildup of soot and creosote in your chimney that is deposited by the smoke when a fire is burnt. Keeping your chimney clean and soot free helps to improve and maintain fuel efficiency, whilst helping to prevent chimney fires.

This great product can be used in all open fires, stoves and solid fuel fires. Just use one or two sachets a week. Simply place them on top of your hot fuel and let them effortlessly burn to release their cleaning properties.

Remember that your home insurance company may now require an annual chimney inspection from your local chimney sweep to validate your policy.

Available in Pack Size

10 Sachets


Improves and maintains fuel efficiency
Helps to prevent chimney fires


Indoor open fires
Wood burning or multi fuel stoves
‘We have found these little sachets to work well in our fireplace and chimney. They help to keep our chimney as clean as possible until it is time for the chimney sweep.’
Mr. and Mrs. O Toole 

Preparation and Usage

  • Simply place two sachets of Zip™ Soot Reducer on a hot fire.
  • Repeat the treatment once a week to prevent a build-up of heavy deposits.
  • Don’t forget to have your chimney swept at least once a year to keep it in working in a safe condition.

Safety Warning

  • Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye damage. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Contains Ammonium Chloride (EC No. 3235-184-4)/ Copper (11) Chloride (EC No 321-210-2).
  • If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
  • Keep out of the reach of children.
  • Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
  • Avoid release to the environment.
  • If swallowed fall a Poison Center / doctor if you feel unwell.
  • If in eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses. If present and easy to do so. Continue rinsing.


Keep up to date with the latest Zip news, offers and competitions!

Contact Us

Our site uses 5 cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our site, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our site. Read more about the individual cookies we use by clicking here. Please note that if you continue to use our website, you accept the use of cookies.