Grilled Bananas with Rum Honey Recipe
This works well not just under the grill but if you fancy doing this on your barbecue then just wrap the bananas individually in aluminium foil before placing on the barbecue for a yummy desert.
- 4 medium to firm unpeeled bananas
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Combine the rum, honey and cinnamon into a small bowl and set it to one side.
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the peel still on.
- Place the bananas cut side down on the grill, cover and grill on a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes turn and brush with the rum and honey mixture.
- Cover and grill 5-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Peel bananas, serving immediately with ice cream.