Winter Fruit Salad
As summer fades into a distant memory, why not embrace the most of the fruit to be found in your kitchen cupboards. This recipe is healthy and will help your digestive transit! It would work well for breakfast as it would a desert.
- 600g ready-to-eat dried fruits (such as apples, blueberries, prunes, pears, apricots, cranberries)
- 3 tablespoons of clear honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Crème Fraiche, Mascarpone or Greek yogurt for the top
- Tip the fruits and 700ml cold water into a large saucepan.
- Add the honey and vanilla, scraping the seeds from the pod into the pan. Bring to the boil.
- Stir well, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the tea bag. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Discard the tea bag and vanilla pod, tip the fruits and liquid into a non-metallic bowl and pour over the lemon juice. Stir, then leave to cool.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.