Spicy and Sweet Marinated Chicken Wings
Bring out the carnivore in you for your next barbecue, by trying our favourite recipe for chicken wings. They are so good that they won’t last long.
- 5 kg fresh chicken wings
- 55 ml balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic
- 55 ml soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and cayenne pepper
- Cut the chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- Melt the butter and combine the southern hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, celery seeds and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half the volume.
- Pour the sauce into a large flat dish and evenly coat the chicken wings.
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours to let the marinade infuse the meat.
- When ready place on your barbecue and cook. Don’t forget to check that the chicken is cooked all the way to the bone before serving.